Monday, October 13, 2008

I Am So Incredibly Pissed Off Right Now

I'm sitting here, looking around my current home, for lack of a better word, trying to figure out which of the possessions I have here I could destroy as a way to vent my frustration, without feeling regret later.

It's a lot of things. The weather for the week appears to be planning to suck, which means work will be unpleasant this week. Also, I'm getting annoyed with some of the piddly bullshit we have to deal with at work regarding our work vehicles. I get too close to a tree on a shitty little trail they can't be bothered to expand for easier access, and put a fucking little dent in the side of the truck, a dent so small I wouldn't even bother to get it worked on if it was my own vehicle, and for that I ahve to fill out a fucking accident report sheet.

For some reason, my computer seems to be telling me on a near daily basis that something related to my virus protection is fucking up, demanding I restart my computer frequently. If it isn't the stupid Anti-Spam installing it's most recent update, then telling me that it needs to be reinstalled, while I'm reasonably certain it doesn't serve any useful purpose on my computer, I'm being told I need to verify my subscription, but doing so doesn't remove the desktop warning about my computer not being fully protected. Noooo, I've got to shut down and start up again to take care of that. Why the fuck do I have to do that, you stupid, worthless, electronic piece of shit!

Plus, they just announced Amazing Spider-Girl is getting canceled, and that's got me pissed off, plus I keep seeing stupid ass commentary about it on various online sites, and the people are so imbecilic I want to grab them by the collar and shake them until their neck breaks, just to stem the flow of dumbassery they put out into existence through their keyboards.

I feel so aggravated by the world in general, I can't even do the post I was planning to do here about how glad I was to discover I still don't like the Cowboys, because I'm just in too bad a mood to get into it and have any fun with it. A post about hatred, and I'm too angry to do it. How does that even work?

I can't even play a fucking video game to relax because the game decides there is absolutely no way I'll be beating it today, and it's not really relaxation if it has me gritting my teeth and thinking about ripping the game out of the console and snapping it in half, or throwing the controller through my TV. And punching the wooden bed frame only succeeded in hurting my wrist and pissing me off even more.

I just, part of me just wants to find a pickax, I don't know where, step outside, and simply start smashing all the windows of my car. Maybe put a few "speed holes" in the hood and engine. Maybe I would feel better, and hey! since it's my car, I wouldn't have to file any goddamn accident reports if I don't want to! Suck on that bureaucratic, jackbooted, sacks of wombat offal!

I'm going to try and stop grinding my teeth, maybe go to bed and hope things are better in the morning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Damn, that sounds like a pretty shitty day. Hopefully you made it through without too much property damage.

I was sad to hear about Spider-Girl getting cancelled, but not really surprised. From what I hear from my retailer, the singles sold poorly, but the digests sold like hot-cakes through the bookstore market, I guess there's only so many volumes you can put out before sales begin to canibalize on those.

Anyway, at least you can be happy that the Cowboys had a crappier day than you. They lost Romo for a month, lost Pacman for at least 4 games, lost their punter for the season, lost Sam Heard and gave away next year's draft to Detroit for Roy Williams (who's T.O.-level crazy with only 60% of the talent).

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

No, there was ultimately no property damage, since my hitting the bed frame doesn't seem to have done any damage. That thing is built solid.

Yeah, I thought I had heard it was the digest sales (which also do well outside the direct market), that brought the book back last time. But other than one that had the Darkdevil and Buzz mini-series that came out last year, I couldn't recall them releasing any digests since Amazing Spider-Girl started.

I can't say I'm surprised about Pacman. I would hope Jerry Jones isn't too surprised, either. He'd have to have figured there was a good chance of this right? He's not as far gone as crazy Al Davis, is he?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home