Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm A Posting, Complaining Machine!

Wow, three posts in four days? That might be a record for me here. For an added treat (or disappointment, depending on your perspective), it's not a sports related post. No sir, this post is about that Burger King Smokehouse Burger commercial.

You may have seen it. Two people are sitting there, enjoying this new sandwich, and a third person comes by, and because the burger is so awesome, what's to know what these people have done to merit such an incredible meal. One person has usually done something impressive, like donating half their paycheck to feed starving children overseas, or discovering a new planet that may have life on it. The other person is usually just hungry. The passerby immediately becomes indignant that this person would eat such a magnificent food stuff, simply because they were hungry, and insults said person before storming off in a huff. In one commercial, I think the passerby actually smacks the person who has offended them.

I get the point, that because of how great this product is, you'd only buy one if you really felt you deserved a treat, but even so, it still annoys the hell out of me. The idea, however absurd, that someone is going to hassle me because I haven't cured cancer, or found a way to quickly improve reproductive success of an endangered species, before eating a fast food burger, just rubs me the wrong way. Probably because I don't like to be disturbed while I'm enjoying food, but also because I don't like having to justify my decisions to complete strangers. If I feel like explaining my choices to you, I will. If I don't feel like it, Fictional Character From A Burger King Commercial, then you can kindly piss off.

Coming sometime this week, the MLB at the 3/4 mark review!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Saturday Night Live needs to do a take off on that commercial where the guy who was deemed not deserving of the burger goes bat-shit insane on the dude who insults him. Similar to this classic.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I would really enjoy that. I would actually watch Saturday Night Live again if they did that (provided I remembered to watch).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home