Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Its hard being right all the time


Back when I was a writer at The Gospel, I had a post about Kellen Winslow where I basically said that I hated him so much that I hoped he would get injured. That was before the 2004 season, and as you all know he was injured after the first couple of games that season, and again this offseason, he will miss all of this year.

It appears that I have struck again. I stated here, that I felt that it was time for the Trail Blazers to move Shareef Abdur Rahim. I felt that he had reached his potential and that although he is still relatively young, he was only going to get worse as time went on. Turns out that the Blazers should have dealt him a while ago because he failed his physical with New Jersey. The Nets have since reneged on a possible trade. Rahim is in essence now un tradable. According to the Nets, the undisclosed ailment that caused him to fail did not keep him out of any games during the season. Which means between the last day of Portland's season and now Raheem has done something to himself to make him useless as a player.

Good thing NBA contracts are guaranteed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home