Monday, July 11, 2005

Macq TZAs ? (nh)


As promised here here is my version of the top 5 superhero movies of all time* [ed note: all time meaning since the mid to late 90's through present].

5. Punisher

This movie was really underated. Most people did not even see it. I dont neccesarily blame you, the advertising for this movie was terrible. But it had a solid story and it was different (kinda) with the whole anti-hero angle. If you havent seen it, and I KNOW you havent, go rent it or something.

4. Batman

I know, I know, real original. But greatness is greatness, and this movie was great. Tim Burton's vision for this movie was definately innovative for the time. It had great casting as Michael Keaton is still the best Batman ever. Though thats not saying much because the next two choices for Batman were plain retarded.

3. Spiderman 2

This movie was alot better than the original. Not that the original was terrible, but the character developement was perfect for the sequel. A little bit on the long side though. Uhh no homo.

2. Blade 2

Dont sleep on the Blade series. Blade Trinity was sort of a let down but the overall trilogy was great. Blade 2 is by far one of the best superhero movies ever. For one thing Blade is just a cool character to begin with. The casting of Wesley Snipes was perfect. Blade's sense of humor in the movies really drives the series and I hope the producers decide to make a fourth [ed note: not likely to happen].

1. Batman Begins

Shocking, I know. But damnit this movie is just plain good. I have seen it twice now and I liked it just as much the second time I saw it. It deviates from the current superhero movie resurgence in that the majority of the film is spent on character development. Unlike Spiderman or Fantastic 4 or most of the Marvel movies, Batman drives this movie. In fact the villian they picked for the movie, scarecrow, is not even in the periphary of memorable Batman villians. The writer/director/producer really relied on Christian Bale's character to make the movie and he did.

And there you go, I feel like such a nerd right now.

6 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the incredibles?

and batman begins wasnt that good.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and as far as the name for the blog, how about:

"Can I Live?"
Sports, Jay-Z, and the pro-life agenda.

"The Secret Gully´s Children´s Program"
Oh wait. thats taken.

maybe just "Hockey Sucks"?

"Damn, was it somethin I said?"

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger tonymacq said...

>what about the incredibles?

never seen it

>"Can I Live?"
Sports, Jay-Z, and the pro-life agenda.

Lol thats actually pretty good.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The new Batman was fucking awesome. But I attribute it's greatness to the gullyness of Liam Niesen. And Christopher Nolan.

If you wanna sound less Nerdy, you should call your blog "The Batcave" or "The Fortress of Solitude"

Or Maybe "The Swisha House: Who is Tony Macq?"

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did like Batman Begins, though I wouldn't call it the best, even with The Morgan Freeman Corollary (Morgan freeman makes all movies better).

I'm one of those few people that went to see The Punisher, and I'm glad to see it made your list. The only part I didn't like was when that one guy entered the restaurant and start singing, though that did make his death sweeter.

-CalvinPitt

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger tonymacq said...

glad to see you back Calvin Pitts. I was hoping you hadnt left for good. uhh nh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home