Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's Time For The NBA Finals!

The Thunder beat the Spurs 4 straight, and Miami managed to win games 6 and 7 against Boston. So it's the Heat and Thunder, and yeah, I don't really care. I care to the extent I want Oklahoma City to win, because I don't think I can laugh at that ridiculous celebration LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did once they've actually won a championship. As long as they haven't, I can still be amused by 'not one, not two, . . .' So I'd prefer not to lose that.

Beyond that, there's not much here. I had been rooting for the Celtics (as opposed to merely rooting against Miami), because I wanted Garnett to have another shot at a ring. That's out the window. I don't have any real attachment to the Thunder. They seem like a fun team, certainly have nothing against them. I just got nothin' for them, either.

So we're left with a Finals I have little interest in from a real basketball standpoint. I expect the Thunder to win. They beat a better team, who had home court, in six games, while the Heat needed 7 to defeat a battered Celtics team. The Thunder have home court, they earned it playing in a tougher conference, and I think they're a better team overall. Let's say Thunder in 6.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home