Monday, December 07, 2009

Well Shut My Mouth

Arizona made me look pretty stupid, didn't they? Even the part of me that believed they could win* expected a shootout, something akin to the 4th quarter of the Raiders/Steelers game. Favre and Warner marching their teams down the field, trading the lead back and forth, last team with the ball wins.

I suppose the last part of that did come true. Arizona had the ball last, they took a couple of knees, and they won. One thing about that I found interesting was the Vikings had one timeout left at that point, and they didn't call it. Granted, the only purpose it would have served was making Arizona take three knees instead of two, but that's one more chance for something to go your way. It's fine with me that Minnesota opted not to go that way, perhaps deciding it'd be better to just end the game and get out of Dodge, I just thought it was a little unusual.

I just wanted to cop to the fact Arizona really showed me something. At this point in the season, that would have to be their signature win. Hopefully, they've a few more of those planned. Unleashing one on the 49ers next week, wrapping up the division while getting a little payback for the Week 1 loss, would be nice.

* There was a part of me that believed that, there always is, it just isn't always louder than the part that fears they'll lose.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home