Sunday, September 24, 2006

Early Season Heartbreak

Some day, I'm going to figure out what exactly I did to piss the Football Gods off so much.

Arizona lost 16-14 this week. That's bad enough. Add in that they lost to the Rams, which means Miklasz, Burwell, and Jeff Gordon are all probably going to make some stupid "Deadbirds" joke in their columns, and it, quite frankly, sucks. But to lose like they did, ugh.

Less than two minutes left, and Bulger fumbles inside Rams territory. Arizona recovered, and they were already in field goal range. They even picked up another first down, before Warner went and fumbled the freaking ball right back!!

What did I do to deserve that kind of loss? Let me repeat that question: WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO DESERVE SEEING MY TEAM LOSE LIKE THAT?!

Freaking ruined my Sunday.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Fitz said...

>WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO DESERVE SEEING MY TEAM LOSE LIKE THAT?!

Um...become an AZ Cards fan.

Truthfully, I can see the appeal of becoming an AZCards fan...new stadium, Warner, Edge, WRs, etc...

Also, Edge is on pace for 1232, which would certainly beat my prediction of around 1000 yards. So I was probably a little harsh to begin with. So now let's do over/under 1232, which I still say under

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

fitz: I the Football Gods didn't want people to be Arizona Cardinals fans, then they shouldn't have allowed the franchise to exist.

Honestly, it's like being a Cubs fan. Every year they look like they could at least be respectable, and if some of the gambles pay off, even a contender. And then stuff like this starts happening.

Oh well, thirteen more games to go. Let's see 14-2!

And I say Edge goes over 1232.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Edge under 1232.

I respect people who cheer for really shitty teams, and never change.

Except Cubs fans. Fuck Cubs fans.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Fitz said...

yeah, fuck cubs fans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home