Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Best Comedies on the tube


I guess that I am a little late with all of these shows, but that is only because TV is a festering shithole with nothing interesting on, ever. If your not on the History Channel or ESPN, there really is nothing to watch. I should also note that I watch none of these shows on TV even now that I have discovered them, thanks to the magic that is youtube (seriously, its the shit).

Scrubs - You either love or hate this show. I happen to think its irreverance and quirkiness is brilliant, but I also can see how it could be sickening.

The Office - Another quirky, artsy comedy. You would not believe it from this list, but I usually dont go for this kinda crap, but I think the show is genuinely funny. Steve Carell's character never gets old, and the supporting characters are equally funny.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Finally a show that doesnt make me look like a pussy for liking. I really do think that this show is one of the better comedies ever. Like the other two shows on the list, it has no laugh track, and its spot on after primetime basic cable allows it a little more freedom with language and content (a). The cast is full of nobody's, save for Danny Devito, but that does not hinder it from being one of the best comedies on TV.(b)

(a) Last week two of the characters started smoking crack to convince social services that they needed wellfare.

(b) Or youtube. Seriously the best thing to happen on the internet in a while, the net was slipping there for a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home